Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sleepless Summer Nights

My kids got the flu. It's summer time. That should not happen in summer but it did. Having sick kids is not fun. Living in a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom guesthouse with sick kids is pretty much the worse thing ever! Why is it that the vomiting always happens at night? My kids seem fine all day and then they stay up puking all night. I was on my second night of sick duty with almost no sleep and I was feeling spent. Then Jason puked, again. I cleaned him up and tucked him in right next to me. He laid there for a minute and then he rolled over and looked at me and said, "Thank you. You are the best sweetest Mama I ever had."


It was the most tender moment. I never want to forget it. I felt so full of love and so grateful to be a mother. Then I went and picked up Rachel who was crying and held her so she could get some sleep.
 

 

1 comment: