Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Spreading Love

My kids have a really nice life. Sometimes I fear they are spoiled. It's important to me that they think of others and also recognize how blessed they are. I want them to experience the warmth and goodness felt by serving others at a young age. I want them to be happy and the happiest people I know serve others. Last week I picked up a bunch a brown paper bags from the Ronald McDonald House. I explained to my kids how lucky they are to have healthy bodies and how there are a lot of kids who are sick and in the hospital who can't run and play the way they do. We decorated the lunch bags for the sick kids and their families. Then we went to the store and each of the kids picked out snacks that would make them happy if they were sick. We dropped the decorated bags and snacks off at the Ronald Mcdonald House and I could tell my kids felt so happy and good about what they were doing. Afterwards Jason told me with the biggest smile on his face that his heart was beeping so fast. It was a good day.

 

1 comment: