Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wesley's Homecoming

Kate and Luke have been so excited to meet the baby. They have been talking about the baby coming out for months now. They bought presents and wrapped them and have been dying to throw a birthday party for the baby. (Jason is a little too young to understand everything) So when the much anticipated day finally came and they got to meet their new brother it was exciting! Kate was disappointed it was a boy she wanted a sister, but she quickly fell in love and has been a great BIG sister. She sings to him and tells him how cute he is and is very gentle and loving. She will be such a good Mommy some day.


Luke is a great big brother. This is no surprise to us he was very loving when Jason was born. He always wants to hold Wes and when he does the look on his face is priceless. He is one proud big brother! While holding the baby he continuously says "baby brother likes me" it's really sweet.


I was a little worried about how Jason would react to meeting Wes because Jason does not have a gentle bone in his body. He has actually been shockingly gentle with Wes. He rubs his head and kisses/licks him and pats his chest. He reacts to Wes similar to how he reacts to animals which is one of Jason's favorite things. He points and oohs and ahhs and smiles.


I am so grateful that Kate, Luke, and Jason have welcomed Wes with so much Love! I hope they're all good friends and always love each other.

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO cute! That picture of Jason licking little Wes is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so amazing with each other. Something I haven't ever seen before. Not that I'm around a lot but they are so loving to each other. It's truly an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete