Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

I just heard about Bountiful Baskets which is a co-op volunteer run group that pools peoples money together to buy fresh produce for cheap. I was excited to give it a try and was not disappointed. You contribute $15.00 on Tuesday and then on Saturday you get to go pick up your goods. The catch is you don't know what you're getting until you pick it up. It's a surprise! Last week we cot Celery, lettuce, green beans, broccoli, potatoes, apricots, apples, grapes, bananas, cantaloupe, and coconuts. I like it because we got things I don't normally buy and the kids really liked trying new things.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I tried to arrange to get a basket and they didn't have any more available. Apparently I'd better "jump the gun" next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you've done it and were happy with it. My sister has been doing it for over a year in AZ and I couldn't find it here. I'm going to try it as well. Thanks for your opinion.

    ReplyDelete