One of the best things about our new house is that it has a nice big kitchen with lots of cabinets. One of the worst things about our house is that the cabinets are that honey oak color. This not our forever home so I was having a hard time justifying making any big changes. Then I heard about a gel stain that really dramatically changes the look of your cabinets that is not too labor intensive and is pretty inexpensive. We decided to do it and ordered the stuff. See ya honey oak! Painting the cabinets was not fun but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We put hardware on them and I love the way they look. So worth the time and money spent. Then we had granite installed. It's beautiful. Then Steve and I installed a white subway tile backsplash. Cutting the tile took us all day and I'm very comfortable with a tile saw now. It looks really good. I am in love with our new kitchen!! It was really exciting doing the project with Steve and learning how to do things and seeing the transformation happen. As much fun as it was I'm so glad it's over. It was a lot of work.
Before pics
During
After pics
Looks Awesome! What is the gel stain you used called?
ReplyDeleteYou guys did such a great job. I am so in love with subway tile and want it in my kitchen!
ReplyDelete