The first Monday after Thanksgiving all the Edington women get together and we have one big massive baking/dipping day. I will not lie it's totally insane. Every year at least one good fight erupts between two overly sugared and overworked ladies and this year did not disappoint. Tension lingers for a short while but there is nothing a chocolate dipped Oreo can't fix. So we eat a few, feel better and move on with life. We made candied nuts, Carmel popcorn, chocolate covered toffee, peanut brittle, chocolate dipped mint Oreos, chocolate dipped Nutter Butters, chocolate dipped pretzels, butterscotch things, rocky road, and chocolate dipped marshmallows on sticks. We drizzle them with white chocolate or put holiday sprinkles on them to up the cute factor and homemade vibe. Then there is a packaging station where individual items are wrapped in holiday packaging. By the end of the day we divide up all the goods and go home tired and chocolate wasted with a basket full of goodies. When I say basket full I mean like a huge laundry basket full of treats. Seriously it's ridiculous in a good way. I take home way more than I could have ever made by myself and I get to hang out with all the ladies I love. If you live in Vegas get ready we're coming caroling and we're bringing you treats and yes we actually sing when you answer your door. The first year Steve and I were married and he insisted on singing I was shocked and horrified. I remember singing just the two us and being so embarrassed. I've adjusted and I'm singing loud and proud these days so be prepared!
Thanks Susan for inventing and hosting baking day! It's fun and crazy and I totally Love it!
11 years ago
Sounds fun - in a crazy way :)
ReplyDeletevery cool.
ReplyDelete