Sunday, February 2, 2014

Our 2014 Theme

                   
We like to pick out a family theme for the year.  Something for us to focus on and work on together.  Our 2014 theme is service.  I am so excited about it! Service is the best.  You help someone out and you always feel better and happier too.  A win, win!  I want my children to have the desire to serve others.  I want my children to constantly seek for opportunities to serve.  I want it to become second nature for them.They are small but the scriptures tell us that by small and simple things, great things are brought to pass.  It is going to be great year!

  "Service changes people. It refines, purifies, gives a finer perspective, and brings out the best in each one of us. It gets us looking outward instead of inward. It prompts us to consider others’ needs ahead of our own. Righteous service is the expression of true charity, such as the Savior showed."
-D. Cuthbert

 


No comments:

Post a Comment