Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our New & Improved Backyard

When we moved into our new house we were happy it had at least a little yard but not so thrilled that it was straight up gravel.  I didn't really take any before pics of it but you can get the idea from this pic.
We shoveled up all the gravel and wheelbarrowed it out of the yard. See ya gravel. Then we wheelbarrowed a bunch of sand and soil into the yard. The boys loved playing in it.
Luke and Steve leveled and compacted it.

Then we layed some beautiful luscious fake grass.  I love it! The kids love it! What's not to love.  No maintenance, soft, green, non itchy grass. We also planted some real plants around the border. They are pretty and lovely and make me happy.
At the other end we layed some pavers.  I think it turned out great! The kids are really enjoying it.  I'm so glad they have a nice little play space.  They play out there all the time.  Even when it's crazy hot.

We also have a little covered patio and in that back corner we are growing tomatos, raspberries, peppers, strawberries and pumpkins. 

So happy with the way it turned out! I love, love, love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment