Luke fell and hit his head on a rocking horse and busted his head up pretty good. I was cutting chicken when it happened so I had to wash my hands really good before I could apply pressure ( I hear chicken slime isn't great for fresh wounds). By the time I got to him there was blood everywhere and the poor kid freaking out.
This is Luke's 3rd trip to the ER and he was not happy about going he has had some bad experiences. He cheered up a little when Steve got there.
The doctor said he needed stitches but Luke wouldn't even let him take a temperature so we opted for the less traumatic approach and the doctor glued him up. He was pretty brave and I'm so glad he is okay! When people ask him what happened he says, "I broke my head, but it's better now."
11 years ago
OUCH! That is scary. And of course you had to be cutting chicken when it happened, of course. Whew, glad you're a nurse cause I would have freaked out!!!
ReplyDelete